Thursday, May 05, 2005

Memories

I was thinking about my last year in college today. More specifically I was thinking about my last semester.

At that point, I knew that I was coming to my law school. I was excited about moving so far from home. I was making lists of what I wanted to take with me and thinking about how I would get everything here. I was also excited about the new dating pool. I had swam the Louisiana one and was tired of how small it was. It was as if I was I was taking two strokes before getting to the other side.

At that point, I was just concerned with graduating. I knew grades didn't matter because I had already been accepted to law school, and I wasn't trying to keep any sort of honors. That semester, my cumulative GPA dropped dramatically.

It's not as if I wasn't trying. There were a few classes where I was studying with other people. That's real effort! One of the beauties of being a female engineering student, I was never worried about dating my classmates -- well, except for that one time, but he was never in my class, just in the same building. There were a few classes I was studying with other people. I can't even remember what class it was anymore, but I had a new study buddy that semester. We had had a bunch of classes together, but we never really talked. I can't even remember why we got together for the class I can't remember anymore.

I thought we were getting along fine. There were some Tuesdays where he had to come to my apartment to study because the last season of Buffy was on the air. I wasn't going to miss that for engineering. One day, I got a very weird sounding request. He wanted to "talk" to me. I let him meet me while I was studying for another final at Subway.

In a nutshell, he and his fiancee were having some issues. She was coming in for the weekend to determine if they were actually going to get married. His decision would be based on whether I wanted to date him. I almost choked on my 6" turkey sub with everything but cucumbers. I nicely informed him that I wasn't interested, and he shouldn't break off his engagement for me (because I was SO not interested).

I even pointed out that I would be moving to Oregon. His response, "Yeah, I was thinking I could move up there with you."

!!!!!!

This guy was a study buddy. And he wanted to move to Oregon with me. After I nicely turned him down, he asked me out three more times I politely told him that I didn't want to hear anymore about it.

I don't know what happened to him. We graduated. That's all I know. And this guy wanted to move up here with me. Who knew I could inspire that in people?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani