Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Eulogy of a Tank Top

Dear Black Tank Top,

You were the centerpiece of my wardrobe. You layered so nicely and fit so well. You never lost color or shape. You've been all over the world with me. What will I do without you?

You didn't have that useless shelf-bra. Your straps were perfectly skinny. The black was a perfect black.

Now I'm left alone with the other tank tops, but they don't hold a candle to you. You were everything, and now that you're lost, I find myself lost as well.

I'm sorry to not have recognized your importance when you were mine. It's another case of you don't know what you have until you lose it. I was so careless. You're gone, and I have no idea were to find you.

Know that you will always be in my heart. I will think of you every time I look for a black tank top. My thoughts are with you always.

Love,
Your faithful wearer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani