Thursday, March 04, 2004

Law School Has Changed Me

Besides applying a "balancing test" to most decisions in my life or determining what a "reasonable person" would do in my position, this morning I was hit with how different law school has made me.

I wake up to NPR every morning. I leave it on until I leave. After my shower, I walked in on a report of hours upon hours of tapes from Supreme Court Justice Blackmun. I was transfixed. I then spent the next fifteen minutes intently listening to the report about the close call for Roe v. Wade. As I listened to the report, I reacted with amusement to Souter not being so conservative, with gratefulness of O'Connor's essential swing votes, and anger at Thomas's replacement of Marshall. That's when it hit me. I'm a law school nerd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani