Thursday, October 14, 2004

My Standards

I just finished reading a book entitled he's just not that into you, which was quite a funny read. I only picked it up because it put in print all the things I've started to believe over the past year. It basically breaks down common guy behavior and explains that if he's not acting like he likes you, he probably doesn't like you very much. It was good and light-hearted, but at the end, it seriously asked to write down your standards. I did. It had a couple of suggestions, and I added some of my own. From now on, this is how I'm treating my dating life:


My Standards:

1. I will not go out with a man who hasn't asked me out first.

2. I will not go out with a man who keeps me waiting by the phone.

3. I will not date a man who isn't sure he wants to date me.

4. I will not be with a man who's afraid to talk about our future.

5. I will not spend my time with a man who has already rejected me.

6. I will not date a man who is in a relationship.

7. I will not be with a man who is not clearly a good, kind, loving person.

8. I will not date a man who does not make time for me.

9. I will not date a man who does not want to meet my family.

10. I will not date a man who makes me feel bad about my personality.

This is it. I'm serious now. No more shit. If he really likes me, then he'll go that extra mile. I'd rather be alone than with someone who doesn't really want to be with me. Maybe you should make a list, too. Or at least check out the book.

2 Comments:

At 2:17 AM, Blogger Chris said...

"he's just not that into you" Wasn't that a line from Sex And The City?...I swear sometimes I'm wasted as a heterosexual.

I'd have thought everything in that list would have been perfectly obvious to begin with? All apart from the first one that is. Theres nothing wrong in taking the initiative. But obviously, if they're not into you, don't waste time on them. :o)

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger bugsbunny_1_80@yahoo.com said...

Interesting! you have written down how you want to be treated by a person who is into you.Now! just put your self in that persons shoes and pen down how you would like to be treated(how the guy whos into you want to be treated by you).Here you are looking at only one side of the coin, now look at the other side and then come to a conclusion, afterall you are a lwa student need to be rational.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani