Friday, September 17, 2004

A False Charge

You know when you're running out of time, but you really need your phone charged? You decided that it's better to charge for about 30 minutes than leave it dead. When you take it off the charger, it says it's fully charged, but you know there is no way that phone is fully charged. It make think it's charged because it just got a surge of energy. It's fake. In an hour it will notice that it's not really charged and starting to die. At that point you've returned home, but you don't want to charge it just yet. You want it to completely die. There may not be any real reason for that, but you just do. So, it doesn't die, and you're ready to go to bed. You try to stay up for a few more hours, seeing if it will die, but it just keeps hanging on. It knows it's time to go to bed, but it just won't die.

That's what my week has like. Everyday I wake up after 7 hours of sleep and feel great. I wonder how I could have been so tired the night before. Then I stay awake for a few hours. I start to feel a little tired. At the end of the work day, I start to feel drained. I tell myself that I have to go to bed earlier tonight. Somehow, I find myself up at 11:30 pm, playing video games, out at a bar, or something non-effective like that. I go home, go to bed, and when the alarm rings at 7:30 am, I honestly feel like I've completely recharged, but we all know the truth.

1 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great analogy!

-Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani