Wednesday, October 06, 2004

So Bored in Class

This is really bad. It's only the beginning of October, and I'm having trouble paying attention. True, it's only property transactions. I won't ever need this stuff. I'll never have a mortgage. Right.

Lately, I've been perusing craigslist. I like to look at all the places I could move to. Not like I'll move this year, but it's still fun to look. I guess if I find a really good deal.

Ugh. I'm just ready for a change of pace.

This week sucks. I have too much to do, but I won't really get into that. Let me just say that I can't seem to catch up. And this was the week I was going to start my research. Damn. Maybe I'll be able to start.

Oh, and the second season of West Wing is waiting for me at the library. Now I just have to finish the first season. I only have six episodes left. And I've been averaging 5 and 1/3 episodes a sitting. So, I only have one more sitting until done. I love West Wing.

Now I shall end this rambling post with a really depressing story.

I've been working at my job since the May. One of the people whose office was next to my boss's was always really nice to me. He even took my boss and I out to lunch at one point over the summer. He was getting close to retirement. One day he went in because he was having problems with his foot. They find out instead that he has cancer. He's also having liver problems that need to be fixed before he can get chemotherapy.

His liver problems were so bad that I actually saw his eyes get yellow. I'd never seen a person with jaundice before. He started to get better and his liver cleared up. We all had hope. Yesterday at work, I discovered that his family called Hospice.

For those of you who don't know, Hospice is a group that you call when there is no hope left. They help make your last days more peaceful. They don't think he has more than a few months to live.

I've been really depressed by this. This is a man who didn't even get his retirement. He has a nine-year-old kid. He was great at his job was known throughout the country for his methods. Now, no one at work knows how to do his job (because it was a one-man department).

This man was so good at his job, but no one knows how to do it. His wife has to come in and help us get checks out. And I'm sure he's last few days in life will not be made any better to know that he pretty much is working until his dying day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani