Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The World's Coolest Paper Airplane

While at clinic today, I was holding a piece of paper. As I was talking to one of my co-interns, I aimlessly folded it into a paper airplane. It was a legal sheet of paper and led to a different kind of look and fold.

I started throwing it about the office (which is totally, obviously OK because it was the day before Thanksgiving holiday and they insisted on making us come in). I was so proud of my plane because it glided so well. In fact, another co-intern was able to make it go from one end of the hall to the other.

I bragged a bit more about my plane, making people come into the hall to see it glide. And when it didn't hit a wall, they were quite impressed.

Finally, a third co-intern bet me that I couldn't get my airplane onto the roof of the building across the street. Not to be insulted or questioned, I took him up on his offer. We went into one of the two offices with windows that opened. I flung open the window and made sure that the greatest violation I would face would be littering (that is, unless the point of the plane took out someone's eye).

I threw the plane. It looked like it was a dud. It fell for about halfway across the street. Then it started to climb. It crossed two sidewalks and three lanes of traffic to land a quarter of the way onto the roof across the street!

We cheered and gave each other high fives. We then called people into the office to witness the coolness of the paper airplane. Everyone who saw the plane sitting on the roof across the street was awe-struck. We laughed for a bit and found out that one of the other interns watched the plane make it's historic journey.

My paper airplane is mine no longer, but I am fine with parting with it because I was able to prove its greatness.

1 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Chrstphre Campbell said...

i cried & cried with happiness after reading this post.
if only more paper airplanes would take to the skys in this world that is so often without hope.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani