Monday, August 08, 2005

Seriously

I think I'm due for another career change... this would be #3? I'm not sure. I can't keep track anymore.

I'm looking at either becoming an agent (as in movie, television, etc.) or working in DC for a senator or representative. Either of those excite me and involve moving. I don't mind the moving thing. I can say I haven't found as much in Portland to keep me here as I thought I would. Almost all of my friends are transplants just like me. I can't imagine many of them staying around for a while.

I do enjoy Portland. It's a great city. I just wish there was more here for me. I just don't think patent is the field for me. Maybe I'll change my mind if I get an offer from this firm. It might be nice to use it for a few years to pay off loans. Still, I'm young enough now that I can still get some living done.

LA is becoming a serious option. The last time I thought I would move to LA was almost 10 years ago. I kind of forgot about it since then. It just might be time for a change. At least I would be moving to another blue state. Who knows how long it will stay blue though.

And DC would be just as awesome. It doesn't fit the million people standard I set, but I think I can make an exception for our nation's capital. Just being so close to all those great cities gives it a boost.

Who knows. In a month or two, I could be aiming to be an animal trainer. We'll just have to see.

1 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, have been thinking more lately about moving to DC. I went there a few weeks ago and it really has everything I'd want in a big city, and it's a journalist's dream because any source you could possibly want is right down the street. I have also been thinking about working for a Senator. I would really enjoy that. If you do go that route, tell me what I need to do to get there too.

P.S. As an indirect employee of ABC, I can tell you that network makes a lot of crazy decisions, all the time. Sadly, people in my city seem to think I have some sort of say in what ABC does, and they get mad when I can't fix it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani