Monday, June 12, 2006

I Want a Manly Man

While watching "The Birds" last night, I once again had the thought that I don't want no sissy man. The main character in the movie had chest hair, could pick up his love interest in one fell swoop, and knew how to take charge of a situation. I'm sure he'd know what was wrong with my car when it started to make funny noises.

Call it anti-feminist if you will, but I don't think there's anything wrong in wanting a guy to know how to change a tire or be able to carry me out a burning building. There are just some things in life that need taking care of. (I mean, who wants to change the tire on the interstate where the tire is on the same side as traffic, and if I pass out from smoke inhalation, I don't mind having to be rescued. There are just some things a girl can't or shouldn't do for herself. And this always involves something that will prematurely end her life. What's wrong with asking the guy to risk his for you? I think that's pretty feminist if you ask me.)

And The Birds was frickin' scary. Yes, I did laugh at some parts, but I was ooked out having to walk to my bedroom in the dark. The parts where peoples eyes were pecked out were just a little to graphic for me. (And can anyone tell me why the hell these people didn't leave much sooner than they did?)

1 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger Banana said...

Oh I totally agree with you on the manly subject! And I think knowing what type of man you want and accepting nothing less is plenty feminist, isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani