Monday, June 07, 2004

Looking Back, I Was Right

I went though my Inbox today and deleted messages from BF. Looking back, things were really good in the beginning. We were no where close to that in the end. I guess it really was for the best. A few examples:

Monday 11/10/03 11:56pm:
"...You actually are gonna be one of the ten percent people. I think it's gonna be pretty cool, you can take me to dinner and buy me nice things, or just buy a house and let me work on it..."

"...You obviously have the standard to judge, and more importantly you can give good advice. You do well on your papers, share a little of what you do. Your ideas about the form are clear and you
can share that. It's gonna be better than any other advice your paper swapper gets..."

--He actually praised me and believed in me... and verbalized it

"...What happened to all these plans? do you think you're behind? if I can lend you hand let me know."

--He was actually giving of his time.

Monday 11/10/03 11:57pm:
Subject line: Most Importantly
"I'd like to kiss you."

--He was actually romantic

Monday 12/8/03 10:24am (before my first final):
"Good luck, you're gonna do great."

I'm really glad I looked through these. It made me feel like there was a reason I started dating him and why we dated for seven months. We just didn't have the same thing going for us at the end. I don't really know what changed, or even who changed. We obviously did change because there was none of this at the end. There was no reason to keep going the way we were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani