Sunday, May 23, 2004

I Didn't Get Up Earlier Enough This Morning

I left to go grocery shopping at WinCo at noon today. Bad idea. My plan was to go early Sunday morning. WinCo, for those of you who don't know, is really cheap and often filled with welfare recipients or parents with 20,000 kids. If you go early enough, you beat both types of crowds. I didn't.

Instead I was in the store with a bunch of people who blocked the aisles, frantically grabbed at items on the shelves, and refused to try to be nice to anyone. In addition to all this, I was rewarded for my late shopping time with thousands of screaming kids, hanging off the cart, taking up an aisle by themselves.

I wasn't very nice either. I lost my sympathetic smile and coutesy. Maybe that's what happened to everyone else. Either way, it's my fault for going so late in the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani