Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Walking to Work

I've decided to be nice to the environment... and my pocketbook. I've decided to walk the 15 minutes to work instead of driving the 5. Instead of frivolously spending my gas going to work, I'm going to frivolously spend it driving to BFs. It's OK, though, because I have my parents' gas card. I promise I won't be pulling any Reality Bites moves.

I've been to work 6 days so far and walked 2. I would be walking tomorrow as well if it weren't for the meeting downtown. I would need to leave at 6 AM to get to the meeting at 8... maybe even earlier.

Last night I went to a victory party for an Oregon Supreme Court Justice. The cool thing about Oregon is they have mail in ballots. That means there is only about 2 hours worth of reporting on local elections. They just put all the ballots through the machine starting around 6 and they're counted by 9. It's wonderful. It would be nice to run for an office here because the wait wouldn't be very long.

I also saw Troy the other night. I didn't hate it as much as BF, but I have to say I was disappointed with the number of glaring mistakes they made. I haven't even read the Iliad, and I know they screwed up with Achilles. He's not supposed to make it into the horse!!!

Ok, enough ranting. I'm tired and I want my fries to finish cooking. Mmm... carbs. I'm glad I'm not on Atkins. But it's OK to eat it because I walk to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani