Tuesday, May 04, 2004

3 Down, 1 to Go

I had my torts exam this morning. I finished with an hour to spare. I don't know how that will turn out.

I'm just glad I'm almost done with my first year. I know I keep talking about the end of my first year, but it really feels like the year just started. It's also scary to think that I am 1/3 on my way to becoming a full-fledged lawyer. Today, while I was waiting for RM to finish her exam, I sat in the LRC (think student union with a lot less food and more professors offices) while two women sorted out all the gowns. The nice flowy gown with the big purple sash-thingy that hangs in the back (I'm sure there is a name for that) and the floppy hat. I'm going to have a floppy hat. I think it's smart to not give the students the cap and gown until now. I think I would wear it every day until graduation if I were to get it any earlier.

RM and I were discussing the meaning of the cap and gown. She doesn't see much behind it and only looks at graduation as a ceremony. I, on the other hand, see graduation and the cap and gown as an achievement. I go to graduation and wear the cap and gown to say, "Ha ha! You couldn't keep me down! I got throw it with all my teeth!" Or something like that. That's how I felt when I got to the end of my four years of being an engineering student. Walking across the stage with my dipolma in hand felt SOO good. I felt so vindicated for my blood, sweat, and tears. Well, I don't think there was any blood in undergrad, but there sure was in law school. Does sausage ring a bell?

My exam was this morning. Since then, I have been very productive. I have hung pictures, entered transactions into my register, and watched a movie.

That's productive. I'm going to be more productive tomorrow from 9-5 and the next day as well. Crim pro, ready or not, here I come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani