Friday, April 23, 2004

J-O-B

I finally have a job. It's with the Oregon State Bar helping to reinvigorate the Pro Bono program in Oregon. It's a really cool job in general. In fact, the people who offered the job took it off of work study so I can take it. I'm excited.

Now the bad news. It's only 20 hours a week. That's half-time for those of you who are not counting. I should have enough to live. Even if I don't, my parents put a nice bit of money aside for me a month. I'm going to try and find a second part time job. Either legal or something like Banana Republic. I know I wouldn't make money at BR, but I would work there just to get the clothes. Which is usually the reason to work there.

If I apply at BR, I think I might lie about my education. I don't think they would hire a computer engineer in law school. It's one of those situations where they question why someone with my education would want to work in retail. Maybe I could put "Clothes Whore" on my application. Nah, I think that would only work if I were applying to Abercrombie and Fitch (which, by the way, I didn't not know what it was until I was in college where this stupid song talked about girls wearing Abercrombie and Fitch).

Even if I don't do that, I could whore out my services, or also known as "volunteering". I'm just trying to make sure that I can get a good job next summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani