Sunday, May 23, 2004

Calling Baton Rouge

I haven't taked to Baton Rouge for a really long time now. Don't get me wrong, BR and I have talked before now, but it was always really short updates before one had to go.

I actually called BR, but when she wasn't able to talk, I was possessed by a fit to go running. I couldn't run fast enough, but I was soon worn out because I haven't run in a while. I brought my phone with me, but I didn't feel it ring. When I slowed down to a walk, I checked my phone, and BR had called. I called her back, but my phone then died. I proceeded to turn around and jog back.

On my way back, I was passed by a white Jeep who whooted at me. I proceeded to ignore it. Then a pick-up truck full of guys whistled at me. I was pretty disgusted at this point (not to mention disgusting -- I had failed to shower today, I hadn't shaved in weeks, I didn't have on any make up, and I was all sweaty from running). I then had to wait at the crosswalk for my "Walk" signal. Unfortunately, Jeep was waiting for a turn signal. He got my attention and asked if I was single. I told him no, and he told me it was too bad because he thought I was beautiful. I politely thanked him and ran across the street. Man, standards must be dropping around the country. I was GROSS.

I continued to run until I got to my complex. (Jeep wasn't following me, if that's what you're thinking.) When I stopped, I had a stitch in my side. I lifted my arm to make it go away. Then I got a stitch in my arm. I don't know what to lift when you get a stitch in your arm.

When I got back in, I plugged in my phone and talked to BR for two hours. I'm glad I got to talk to her. It had been a while and I was really in need of someone to talk to.

It's good that I was able to keep the really good friends. I need to call New York this week. I miss him, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani