Sunday, December 05, 2004

Boy, Did I Get Closer

Yesterday, I spent most of the day sleeping. When I wasn't sleeping I was pretending to be reading a study aid, which was not going to well because I don't really recall most of what I read. I also decided to see the new movie, Closer.

The problem was, I was really slow getting out of my apartment, probably because I had just woken up from a nap. By the time I finally picked up Oklahoma (who still has yet to fix his car), found a parking spot, and bought my ticket, the movie was starting. Apparently everybody and their sister decided to see this movie at 2:50 in the afternoon.


Aside: What's great about seeing movies at 3 in the afternoon in Portland during the fall/winter is that when you walk out two hours later, it's pretty much dark, so there is none of that blinding light syndrome upon leaving the theatre.


By the time Oklahoma and I walked into the theatre, the only seats available in the stadium style seating room were the two ground-level rows near the screen. I haven't sat that close since I was a teenager. What was really disturbing about watching this movie so close is that much of the film is close-ups of the four main characters. I got to see every single one of Clive Owen's imperfections, which I really didn't mind, but it was a bit of a strain on the neck.

When we left the theatre, all of us were dizzy from the new focus our eyes had to take. Had I know that was the only place to sit in the theatre, I would have opted out for that time. But I didn't, and I watched the film closer than I had anticipated. I'm glad I saw it though. It was a different take on the love story, if you could even call it that.

Now that I've finished that, I must go and work on my homework for my abbreviated week, and actually get some study aid reading done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani