Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Prudish?

Last night I was having drinks with a friend. While we were talking, a potential guy in my friend's life was brought up. I tried to dissuade her from him. She asked me why, and I responded that he was a big pot head. At that point she said she didn't care and that not everyone feels the way I do about pot.

This morning I got to thinking. Am I a pot prude? In all honesty, none of my friends have ever been pot heads (as far as I know). I'm not saying I don't have friends who smoke pot. I will say that I have never smoked pot. I don't have a desire to do it. I don't think that makes me a prude, though.

But is my desire to stay away from people who constantly smoke pot really unrealistic in this day and age?

I don't know why people need to smoke pot all the time. What are they trying to escape. I think I would be just as uncomfortable with people who drank all the time. We drink a lot in law school, but not all the time. I can't understand why anyone would need something to take them away from life all the time.

Should I get over this? Should I just concede that a person who is always smoking pot is not necessarily a waste?

I'd like to think not. I'd like to think that as people get older, they don't feel the need to escape life so much and that people want to be more responsible. I'd like to think that responsibility does not equal pot head. I'd like to think I'm not a pot prude.

1 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think pot smells like ass and a half.

It kinda defeats the purpose when I go to my friend's apt. to wash clothes, and the clean ones I've already washed and folded reek of pot when I leave because that's all he does while I'm there!!! So much for washing my clothes. This 38 year old friend of mine quit his job to smoke out and play poker full-time. Oh, and Grand Tourismo (sp?).

He has explained to me his plans to make $15,000 every 3 months by growing and selling his own bud full-time.

Another friend of mine here made his money by growing 2 rooms full in college.

Why do I always end up being friends with people who are into that stuff?!?!?

I swear, when I move and get a new job, it will be my mission to find friends that not only don't do drugs, but also don't smoke...It's not that I don't like people with those habits...I've got great friends that are into more than just pot unfortunately...I just don't care to be around smoke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani