Thursday, May 12, 2005

Plath and Pop-Ups

I need to read some Sylvia Plath. I admit, I am an avid avoider of poetry. I don't know why. I just didn't really like it all that much in high school, and that had a pretty strong influence on what I've been reading since. Watching Gweneth's rendition of Plath made me think that she might be a modern Dickinson. Being I'm not a Dickinson fan, I can only hope she's better. I will venture forth, though. Any suggestions as to what I should start with? And should I even give Mr. Hughes a try?

And I'm a bit tired of these pop-ups. I can't get rid of them. I've run spybot and adaware like 3 times in the past week, and the pop-ups keep getting worse. I'm afraid. I'm going to have to get some serious support. Any takers?

Now I shall go to bed with the depression of a crazed woman who loved her husband a little too much and herself not enough on the brain. And I take my final final tomorrow. This time tomorrow I will be a 3L -- assuming I actually passed all my classes.

3 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger L. said...

YES! I'm so glad you remember the Yellow Rose of Texas triva. So many people have never heard of that.

Thanks so much for your advice. I'm going to get into some Plath over break!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger L. said...

I use Firefox, but the problem is the pop-ups are coming from somewhere inside the computer as IE pages. It's nothing to do with pop ups from the pages I'm visiting. There's something that keeps making sex sites pop up from the inside.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Lawdrone said...

Adrienne Rich! I knew ther was someone else I was going to tell you about. I have a book of her stuff, I can bring it back from OK if you want. As for the pop-ups, I'll be glad to take a look at your computer. Often, those are hidden .exe or other files. I had to do that for my computer last summer, so I have a pretty good memory of how I did it and what i was looking for. We can take care of it when you get back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani