Sunday, February 08, 2004

It's late (almost 11 pm), I'm a bit tired, and I still have laundry to finish. Hold on while I go check on the buzzing dryer...

...

...

...

Well, at least it wasn't a complete waste of time. The clothes in the dryer were mostly done, but one shirt had to stay behind and dry up a bit with the darks... Poor blue shirt, it probably doesn't know what to do with all the punk/goth clothes. Not that the clothes I'm drying are clothes that punks and goths would wear; the color is black, making it the punk/goth of the clothes in my closet.

I remember when I was obsessive about my clothes. I used to check all the labels and make sure they were all hung and laid flat to dry. Now, I just about throw anything into the dryer unless I have some sneaking suspicion that it is a little two mesh or cotton-y and will come out in shreds or Barbie-sized. I just want to get it done now. The only thing I spend any length of time worrying about is my underwear, mostly because it's the clothing I have to spend the most on and wear the most, hence the wearing out quicker than other pieces of clothing. And underwear is not something you skimp on. If it's not looking good underneath, it's not looking good outside.

Speaking of looking good outside, I have to start working out again. I don't know if I really want to go to the weight room again. I'm not sure I was ever getting that much out of it. I'm going to pick up pilates again. If I concentrate really hard, I should get some good results out of it. I plan on getting in some cardio as well, but I'm not sure what. We'll get to that after I start with the pilates.

I'm going to start on my "beginners" video to try and warm up. Hopefully, the "intermediate" one will arrive any day. The beginners tape is so slow because they have to go slow with the explanation and demonstrating. Maybe I need that slowness now. We'll see. I'm going to start tomorrow morning because I did all the reading for the week except for three, which I'll get done day by day, finishing up Wednesday. I'm getting a whole lot better at this homework thing. Maybe I'll do a whole lot better on this grades thing, too.

I went to another opera on Saturday night. (I'd like to mention I had new undies for that... gotta keep up the collection.) It was very good except for the amateurs who didn't know how to not look like idiots in the audience. Sheesh... BF and I are really good about being condescending and snobby about things we really don't have that much right to be. It's part of the reason it's so fun to date him.

Ah, civ pro tomorrow. Maybe then I'll be able to explain to you why supplemental jurisdiction is so important. Until then, follow the procedures and maybe you won't be 12(b)(6)-ed or rule 11-ed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani