Sunday, March 28, 2004

Spring Break

Spring Break has come and gone... way to quickly. BF and I went to Seattle, WA and Vancouver, BC for a few days. Those days, though, were smack dab in the middle of the break. We left on Monday and returned very late Wednesday night. That didn't leave much time for the relaxing/homeworking I was planning on.

Before I left, I did major organization revisions to my appellate brief. I knew I had to get something done in those two days before we left. The hardest thing was just sitting down to do it. Spring break was here, and I needed a break. I didn't finish the revision completely, but I got most of it done. I did try to bring it with me on the trip, just in case. (What was I thinking?)

The trip was great. We got along fine, even though we don't know how to agree on a map yet. Seattle was great. I got to sit on a troll, drink a local brew, and look at a store full of crap. Vancouver was also great, except for that part where we walked through the really scary drug part of town. I was offered drugs twice! Sorry, but I just find that a little too forward... Just call me old-fashioned. In Chinatown, we saw many stores with either live large seafood or dried unidentifiable stuff. Near one of the stores, two women were screaming at each other. They looked like two shop owners. We couldn't understand what they were screaming about, but we could hear it for a few blocks. Everyone else in the neighborhood came out and watched with keen interest. A few were on their cell phones relaying the event. It was weird, so we just walked past it. The last day we were in Vancouver, we went to a really kooky restaurant called The Tomahawk Restaurant. BF ate the Yukon Breakfast, aka heart-attack on a plate. I simply had hashbrowns and French toast. It was all great though. We even walked out with free microwave popcorn on the cob and headresses (ala Burger King crowns).

When I got back, I was left with an incomplete revision of my brief, no outlines, and tons of homework. It's Sunday afternoon. I'm almost done with my revisions. Actually I revised it all on paper; I just need to type them up. I have half of my outlines done. Two left, but one of the two is 31 pages of notes. Ugh. I have to sift through all those notes to make a concise outline. I've finished about half my homework. I don't really have to do anymore homework, though. I have everything done until Tuesday, but I think I would rather do homework than outline.

Finals start April 22. I wish we had another week of spring break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani