Friday, May 13, 2005

I Made It

This was one of the few times I didn't take the red-eye home. What I noticed was it was a really long flight. I guess I never thought of it before because I'm sleeping most of the time. I wasn't even interested in watching the movie. (Coach Carter just isn't what I feel like watching on an itty bitty screen.)

I had a thought or two while on the plane. Some people are really fat. So much so they have to buy two seats to travel on the plane. Since they have two seats, are they entitled to two of everything the flight attendants pass out for free? Two meals, two drinks, two snacks, two pillows, two blankets. In all honesty, if you had to buy two seat, you probably need two of anything they're passing out. And you've essentially paid for it.

I also started wondering about being deaf on the plane. Should they provide closed captioning on the movie? Should you have to pay for it? If not, then others would have to rent the headsets, and you'd get the movie for free. Or what about everyone else who doesn't buy the headset and gets to read the movie for free, even if you pay for it. And it seems that the flight attendants aren't really prepared for a deaf person. Should they try to get someone fluent in sign language on the plane if they know a deaf person will be on the plane? How fair is that, though because they don't get bilingual flight attendants when there are foreigners on the plane.

These have been my thoughts. Traveling alone during the day leads to these massive amount of thoughts. Now I'm in CST, but my body clock is on PST. It's only 10 in Portland. I think I should try to go to bed. I wish there was a TV in my room. I'd like to veg out some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani