Tuesday, June 29, 2004

I'm Almost There

Last night, I went to a birthday party for a fellow classmate. She and I have known each other since the beginning of school, so it was fun to hang out with her outside of some school gathering.

I decided to stop on my way to the birthday party to invite one of my other friends who doesn't go out much. I was really excited when the Selective Hermit eagerly jumped at the chance to go to the party with me.

A good time was had by all who went. Selective Hermit and I had work the next day, though, so we had to cut out a little early.

When I dropped off Selective Hermit, she and I talked about Ex for a while (being she is friends with both of us). She pointed out a few things that I hadn't admitted to myself yet and reconfirmed other thoughts I had. Talking to her made things a lot better.

I think I'm actually at the point when I'm ready to stop talking about him in the Ex-fashion. I'm actually tired of talking about it. It makes it harder to get over because I'm constantly opening the wound instead of letting it heal.

I know there are some out there who don't know the story, but for those people, isn't it better to know that I'm truly becoming my happier former self again? I'm really starting to feel like me again.

What I'm trying to take away from this experience is how not to lose myself again. It's so hard because the way I am in a relationship so different from how I am in life. I guess the key is to finding someone who likes me the way I am, so I won't feel the need to conform to his ideals.

But the most important fact to take from this postings is: I'm almost completely over it. Isn't that great?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani