Monday, July 26, 2004

Mtv

I've been disenchanted with Mtv for a while.  I don't really even listen to the radio anymore.

Today, I had the C-SPAN stream going on my computer.  I then heard about this little contest Mtv had hosted.  It got a college student on the program at the Democratic National Convention.  Mtv played a montage of clips from people in my age group talking about what they wanted in a president and how they were going to vote this year.

I started crying.  I was so moved.  Getting the youth vote out has always been something close to my heart.  I've even played around with starting groups and all.  (I even had a name: READY - Reducing, Educating, and Activating the Disenfranchised Youth.  It even worked with the slogan: Are you READY?)  It was really strange to be crying, but it just meant so much to me.  I really respected Mtv.  What did they get out of it?  There has to be some ulterior motive for them.

Even if there is, at least they are doing something that tries to put the youth where they belong in the election world.

1 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I "pre-entered" this contest, but wasn't able to make the deadline (heard about it too late). I really don't think there was any ulterior motive, it's just part of MTV's "rock the vote" which has been around almost as long as MTV. The youth vote...and more importantly, the youth VOICE has always been one of MTV's biggest issues.

-Beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani