Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Fahrenheit 9/11

Ok, it took me long enough to see it, but I am outraged.

I didn't take the movie as gospel, if that's what you're wondering. Actually one of the things that ticked me off the most wasn't even a big part of the movie. I wanted to hurt all the Congresspeople who condemned the war and the Patriot Act yet voted for it! I mean, if you don't think it's a good idea, why the hell did you vote for it? Political accountability, anyone?

Oh and my favorite quote: "Here we have the have, and the have-mores. Some may call you elite; I call you my base." (Or something like that.) Dick.

And why don't the Congresspeople want to enlist their children in the military if they support the war? Good question.

Some of the movie was a little too much speculation, like the percentage of Saudi money in the American economy. There was nothing to back that up.

I'm an outraged American. I'm tired of the war. I hate Fox [Un]News (or Fox Fiction as a more proper name). I have enough of stupid Bush. I probably have the FBI starting a new folder for my file right now, but I don't care. I'm not going to stop saying what I have to say. I don't agree with my president, and I think everyone who does should question why.

WAKE UP AMERICA. YOU'VE BEEN FOOLED. DON'T BE FOOLED ANYMORE.

3 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty much everything you said is what I said after seeing it. More people should see that movie.

-beth

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger EB said...

Ok, now. I'm on the same side of the political fence as you, but I thought that bit about politicians "signing up" their kids was a poor stunt.

Nobody can sign up their kids for the military. That has to be the voluntary act of an adult. If we had a draft, and M.o.C. were helping their kids avoid harms way through influence games, that would be different. But we've had several elected presidents and V.P.'s whose membership in some elite have helped them avoid active duty service in the military during the Vietnam War. I just don't think the country really cares about the issue.

Other parts of the movie were stronger.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger L. said...

While I get that parents can't sign their kids up for the military, what Moore was saying is what I found so important. These people who think this war is so important don't want their kids fighting in it.

While I understand that most parents never want to send their children off to war, I think the message was clear. If you believe enough in this war, then you should be OK with your children going off to it.

I think the best part of the movie, though, was that different parts spoke to different people. What others might consider stronger part, I might find weak because I already knew about it or I felt it wasn't very well backed. This movie speaks to different people in different ways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani