Sunday, July 11, 2004

Rowing

I've got the urge again. With all this water around me, you'd think I'd be able to just pick right up again, right? Wrong. Why couldn't the bug bite me two weeks ago? Then I could be doing the July class. I can't do the August class because I'll be gone the entire first week.

I'm really ready to start waking up at 4:30 in the morning again. I miss it. I love the boats. I love the water.

One thing I hadn't thought of was the swim test. I've never had to take one before. In order to be able to row, I have to swim for 10 minutes straight and then tread water/float for another 10 immediately following the swim.

I can swim, but I'm not actually sure I can swim for 10 minutes straight. Hmm... maybe it's a good thing I can't register for the class. I'll practice the swimming for 10 minutes for a while and then I'll start my classes when school starts.

It's an awful plan I know it, but I really want to start rowing again and don't want to wait until next summer.

We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani