Thursday, April 07, 2005

Lunchtime Revelations

At lunch, I expressed to some classmates (who are also friends), what I expressed in my previous post. Then the simplest statement made the most sense: Maybe I'm in a rut.

It makes total sense. I've been in law school for almost two years and all I ever do is law school stuff. All I know are law students. I need something else.

I've been trying to do this on my own recently. I've tried to rekindle friendships with friends outside of law school. It's just that a good chunk of the handful of people I know outside of law school are married... to each other.

To make it simple: I have maybe five friends outside of law school. Two of those are a married couple who have a baby. (I'm not including the baby in the count of my non-law school friends.) I'd think it'd be safer to say I have four friends outside of law school. That would make half of my non-law school friends married... to each other.... with a kid. That doesn't leave much outside the afternoons we hang out together ... with the baby. I actually like them and the baby. I just don't think they're going to help me branch out of the law school vortex.

So, the three of us (me and my two friends from lunch) are going to do something this weekend. It's going to be use and non-law students. I'm excited about this. I'm ready get out of this rut. I'm going to work hard to do it.

Get ready. We're gonna make a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani