Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Sad Realizations

Last night, after typing all my contracts notes, I had a vision. I finally saw what my life had in store for me. Was it lots of money and fame? Was it a hot husband and beautiful children? Was it even fulfilling relationships with close friends? No. It was me with 100 cats. That's it. No friends, no family. Just cats. I'm pretty sure that this is how my life will turn out.

For some odd reason, everyone always thinks that they will find the person of their dreams and get married to them. Well, I realized that night that it can't happen for everyone, and I'm one of those people it won't happen to. I'm not being cynical or self-pitying. I'm just stating that I understand where my life is going. This is how it was in high school and college. Why should law school be any different?

Maybe if I work really hard, I can provide a good home for all my feline friends who don't have nice homes of their own. They will be the only ones who will notice when I die. Not because they will miss me, but because they won't get fed for a few days and be pissed off. If you know anything about cats, you know this is true. Cats have no feelings about your well-being. They only want to care for you when it is convenient for them. Wow, sort of sounds like a guy, doesn't it?

On the lighter side, I finished my memo, worked out, and cooked supper tonight. Well, supper was a combined effort between me and my roommate, but it was good to eat a real meal. I'm really glad that I found someone worth living with. The way I ended up finding a place to live could have easily left me with a psycho that I couldn't stand. We have a good time and understand when we have to stop because it is time to do homework.

Oh, and I should get my check tomorrow. I'm quite excited about this. It will be a great day.

Oh, sadness. One of my favorite professors is having open heart surgery tomorrow. He will be out for 4 weeks. That sucks. Now we will have a professor who gives us twice the amount of reading. That really sucks. At least we get to get out of class for this week. Too bad I already did the homework for tomorrow. Sucks to work ahead!

Ok, off to finish Thursday's homework!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani