Sunday, April 10, 2005

Bus Rides

Since moving to my new area, I've started taking public transportation a lot more often. I find it refreshing. I'd like to one day live in a city where my care is virtually useless... or at least not required.

Riding the bus has been a new experience all together. Apart from the odd smells that emit from the back of the bus (which is unfortunate because that's my favorite place to sit), there is always someone... interesting riding the bus. This might be because my neighborhood is a little more bohemian than most, but I don't mind that.

In truth, there aren't many scary smelly people on the bus, but I'm sure that will change as the sun starts to come out and ripens the smell of the outdoor sleepers who take advantage of the cheap transportation. I don't mind the bus, and, in fact, I kind of like it.

It's lead to great advances in my social life. Because I have a pretty strict no driving when drinking policy, I was often limited when I lived far away from the action. Now, I'm just a bus drive away from it. The real test is getting off the bus at the right stop after a night of action. And by action I just mean partying, not any sexual getting it on and such.

But speaking of sexual getting it on and such, I had the worst ride home this afternoon. After trekking to the back of the odd-smelling bus, I noticed there was this couple sitting a few rows in front of me. They would not stop kissing. What was even more surprising to me was they were actually having a conversation! They seemed to manage to punctuate their sentences with their kisses. I became more and more disgusted as the ride went on. I couldn't imagine having the capability to have such deep conversations while kissing every two seconds, much less while doing it very in public on public transportation!

I've never been much for PDAs (wow, for a second, I had to remind myself that I wasn't talking about a palm pilot). And I try to be cool with other people's, but how can you been in such need of kissing someone that you can't wait the 20 minutes it takes to get home. Wouldn't some intimate-yet-not-vulgar touching be more appropriate. It may just be me, but I think people who can't keep their hands off one another is more endearing (and easier to live with) than people who can't keep their mouths off one another.

I think their kissing was more foul than the smell of the back of the bus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani