Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I Miss It

It was like seeing an old flame. My breath caught in my throat. I had to remind myself that I was still driving -- over a bridge, no less. My face became flushed. I couldn't even articulate words. If I could have stopped the car, I would have. I wasn't even in the right lane to pull off the road. If I had been, though, I wouldn't have seen it. I quickly thought about doubling back. There had to be some way to get back to the river.

But as soon as the moment came, it was lost again. My face cooled down and everything felt normal again. And that wasn't a good thing.

I decided I couldn't wait another year for it. I had to try it again. Trouble was deciding when I would fit in practices.

The boat calls. I might answer the call this summer. It's time to return to the water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani