Tuesday, July 12, 2005

My Theme Song

I'd have to say these past few weeks the best song to be my theme would be "Don't Miss You At All" by Norah Jones. Not that there's a particular "you" in my life. I think I'm talking the generic you that fills up that "other" spot in your life. Any particular you that you get up with on the weekends to just hang out. That you that will sit with you on your couch and just veg in front of the TV. That you that you just feel comfortable being with.

Comfort. Isn't that what we're always looking for with another person? Never feeling awkward around the other because you know there is no reason to judge? I think what people consider love is just comfort.

But, I think my desire at this point in my life is to be with someone who I go on trips with. Buying plane tickets together, seeing some place new. You know, that kind of person you have enough of a commitment with that you wouldn't feel weird making plans a few months in advance.

I'd like someone who flies with me to all the away games in this "Wedding Season" of my life. That point where all your friends start getting married and it spreads like butter on hot toast. Or something like that. Wedding Season alone only makes this point in my life that much more in need of a you.

But I don't miss you... at all.

1 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Blogger Lawdrone said...

So I got confused...do you actually miss them? On another note, how's life after the jail-break?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani