Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Learning Via Television

I got home this afternoon and turned on the TV. After looking at the onscreen guide, I decided for a little home schooling... (Cue intense music.)

I watched what's her name kick some stupid people butt. It was really exciting. I knew what she was talking about half the time. I only watched two cases, but the first one was all about damages. He tried to claim actual, she gave him a significant amount less than actual, but then granted punitive. (Actual is what you can actually prove you lost. He lost clothes, but he didn't have receipts to prove he had almost 2500 bucks worth of loss. Punitive is damages you award to someone who has done something wrong. You don't have to prove any sort of value. Often punitive is comparable to your total worth. There's one more. Nominal. It's just to say you were wronged, can't do much about it. Here's a dollar. Seriously it's always a dollar. You're welcome for the civil procedure lesson.) It was learning right in the comfort of my own living room.

Today in contracts, I actually got a hard question right. I was really excited. I almost felt like Hermione in Harry Potter because I was so excited. I controlled my urge to stick my hand up in the air and wave it about furiously. I thought outside the box... even if I did forget my brief and book at home today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani