Thursday, September 25, 2003

Who Is It Really About?

I'm not sure who hasn't heard the Carly Simon song, but I'm sure you know the chorus. "You're so vain. You probably think this song is about you." Am I the only one who sees the problem with this song?

She's singing... That lends itself to be a song, right? She's singing about a guy. She goes on to describe him very well. Then she tells him he's vain. THEN she goes on to say he probably thinks the song is about him. Well, if it's not him, then who is it?


If Carly were standing on the stage with two guys, I highly doubt she's singing to vain-y then when she goes onto the chorus, she turn to other guy. If this song isn't about Mr. Vain, then who is it about anyway?

Carly, I think you're the one who has it all mixed up. He has reason to think the song is about him... because IT IS. Gosh, no wonder he broke up with you. You're so cryptic (my favorite word of the day).

This is what I think about instead of finishing my homework. It's an easy outline. Twelve parts, I'm on number eight. Time to finish this up and stop wondering about Carly's mixed up thoughts. I doubt she could have made it through law school with logic like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani