Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Grocery Store Pick-up Joint?

I went grocery shopping today. (Much needed because I had nothing to eat at the apartment... Or so I thought until I put my groceries away. That's when I found out I had a TV dinner left over. )

Anyway, while I was at the grocery store, a guy tried to pick me up after he picked up his Easy Cheese. Ugh. Strangely, when he did so, all the blood rushed to my head. I struggled to think of the right answer to, "You're beautiful. Are you single?"

Mostly I paused because he reminded me of the guy from the jeep. While I tried to figure out if it was the same guy, I couldn't remember the right answer to get him away. Finally I stumbled out the word, "No," but the rest of my shopping trip was messed up. I spent the rest of my time flustered and trying to get the blood to move down from my face.

I related this story to my mother who then made me uncomfortable when she suggested he might be stalking me because he's appeared in two places I've been before. While I'm not sure how likely this is, I am a little spooked by it. Now I have to watch out for a white jeep and and a guy trying to pick me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani