Friday, October 17, 2003

It Strikes Again

I am the girl who constantly gets allusions to dates but never actually sees one.

Last night I went to a bar that was having karaoke night. (I didn't sing because I couldn't think of a good song that someone hadn't already sung.) Toward the end of the night, another 1L I had seen around before began talking to me. I've always thought he was kind of cute and he looked like Commander Riker on Star Trek: The Next Generation. So Cmd. Riker and I spent a good thirty minutes talking and having a good time. He even bought me a drink. He asked in the middle of the conversation if I was married or had a boyfriend, to which I emphatically responded, "No."

Toward the end of the conversation he asked if I had any plans for the weekend, and I, once again, emphatically responded, "No." Guess what happened next. NOTHING! Oh my gosh! What is wrong with these guys? Why can't they ever ask me on a date? Within a reasonable time frame? He did say, though, he really enjoyed talking to me... three times!

Whatever. I'm not adding Cmd. Riker to the list of boys just yet. He needs to show a little more interest before I do. He is added to the STUPID list, though, of those who won't ask me out even though they act like they are going to.

Crushee did just call and invite me to a movie "if something cool is playing." We'll have to see if that really goes anywhere itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani