Tuesday, November 04, 2003

A Great Lunch Meeting

I have the coolest mentor (who strangely enough, works for a company with mentor in the name). She invited me over to her office for lunch today. It's a bit south of school, but totally worth the drive. The place she works for isn't just a law firm. In fact, it's a big electronics company that has its own set of lawyers. She works as an IP lawyer for them.

I went to the office, and I had to wait for her to come down. It's all high tech where you need a name card to be able to enter the buildings and such. I gave my name to the receptionist, and Mentor came down to get me. She brought me up to the office where she gave me a small tour. Then we went to lunch on the campus. Four other people joined us. I got to talk to people who came from different backgrounds and did different things now.

Overall, it was great. I loved meeting all those people and my mentor is so nice. I realize how lucky I am because most people haven't done anything with their mentor after the first law school event. Mentor even suggested we get together after finals as well. She told me she would keep her ears open if there were any clerk positions available. I'm excited about that as well. I hope she doesn't think I was fishing for a job offer, but I don' t think she did.

I just had to express, in the middle of all the crap I'm doing for class right now, that I had a great lunch with a great lawyer, and I can't wait to be one myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani