Saturday, April 23, 2005

Deal Breakers

Remember that little post I wrote about my standards? Well, now it's time to put them to the test.

Monday, I talked to new guy (who by the way is Poker guy from this post). He told me he was going to call me Friday night to do something. Friday I also had alternate plans with another friend. I planned on calling my friend around 7 if I hadn't heard from the new guy. Well, Friday was also the day that Sex and the City discs arrived. I started watching them, and next thing I knew I didn't want to leave my apartment. I wanted to finish watching my DVDs, especially because they prevent me from doing necessary studying.

I finished watching them around 11 at night. Still no call from new guy. That's something that really bothers me. When someone says he'll call you and doesn't, it says he has very little respect for you. Couldn't he at least call and say that he can't do anything, but promised to call, so did?

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not angry. I wasn't that invested yet. But, it's something I may have to seriously consider if he calls. Am I just going to let it slide? Do I say something? Do I ask for a reason? If I bring it up, I don't think I'm holding him to any higher standard than I would my friends.

Well, the key to talking to him about this will be whether I will even pick up the phone. I actually am not sure what I'm going to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2003-2005 Leila Borazjani